- Why We Need Journalism School Rankings
"I SO agree. I've been searching and searching and I'm all set to tear my hair apart. We really need rankings for J-schools. Because for one, I dont even know which are the Journalism colleges around the globe." -shravya
- Intern Injustice: Gannett Gives The Middle Finger To Three Ala. Interns
"Interns are only the beginning - Gannett papers all over have been told to cut X amount of dollars. In Louisville they are getting rid of Long-term employees. People who've been with the company 20-30 years." -anonymous
- BREAKING: RADAR Magazine Folds, Again
- Journalism Internships Are A Joke (Financially). Period.
"I think the financial implications of studying journalism begin at the undergraduate level, and they’ll probably run until the graduate eventually qualifies as a senior reporter." -C.M. Patrick
- Stuff White People Like: Journalism?
"Have you read 'mediated' by thomas de zengotita? check it out. it deals with some of the things you talk about in this post -- plus a whole lot more. i'd like to check out the book on 'overculture.' " -todd
- How Much Do Bloggers Get Paid?
- Digital Front Pages: Obama Elected President of the United States of America
- Diary of an Unemployed Young Journalist: An Open Letter to Entry-Level Journalism Jobs Everywhere
"When any straight-laced HR person or editor visits your personal site or this blog, he or she will probably be more repelled than drawn to you. You come off as snarky, holier-than-thou and supercilious." -anonymous
- Advice For Young Journalists, Or How Not To Be An Angry Journalist
"As a person who just applied to (and was rejected from) several graduate journalism programs, I'm kind of back at square one and am trying to reassess how I can get my foot in the door in the field. I'm 30 and would be making a career change at this point." -MPP
Monday, November 17, 2008
Ed's Top Posts, Oct. 2008
Here are the top posts and recent comments on The Editorialiste for October 2008: