Friday, August 08, 2008

The Last Straw For Philly.com. Period.

Hello...hello. Brian Tierney, please.

Mr. Tierney -- are you paying attention?

Looks like your Inquirer doesn't want to scoop itself on the Web. What, is the print side afraid of the digital side?

The online community (of journalists, no less) is furious. And rightly so. There are a lot of smart people who care about your properties.

Don't you see what's going on here? The usefulness of your online properties is at stake.

Hasn't the ongoing criticism helped you refine your focus?

At the end of the day, here's the bottom line: When philly.com would be more useful as a single static page with only a link to download the day's paper as a PDF, you've got a serious problem, my friend.

I'm still rooting for you. It's that vicious hometown pride. But honestly, you're making me feel like a Phillies fan in the mid-'90s. I'll defend you, but I'm not going to show up at the ballpark anytime soon, either.

Don't do this to me. I'm with Jeff Jarvis on this one.

No comments: