Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mitchel Stevens Guide to President’s Day

Editor's Note: The following column is part of an anonymous weekly humor column chronicling the struggle of a new, young journalist out in the working world. You may find the author's previous posts in the archives. --The Ed.

Technically, folks, today is a holiday. At least, back when I attended secondary primary school I was told that President’s Day is special because today you vote for the President!

Wait, what? Of course it’s 2008. Today’s the big day! I mean, why else is there constant, 24-hour coverage of a non-existent story? What sort of global, unstoppable corporate juggernaut would do such a th--…ah.

Anyway, I’m a bit light on content at the moment thanks to some pitches in the air and my R2-Ben Kharakh sending me some interviews. I’ll return a bit later with hilarious anecdotes and soul-crushing, gin soaked depression.

Or else, I’ll just have an AIM conversation with The Editorialiste and run that.

Until next time.

-MS

No comments: